Add Videos from HampFlix or Kanopy
- HampFlix is Hampshire's streaming video service.
- Only titles from Hampshire's circulating media collections can be placed on Hampflix.
- Five College and personal titles cannot be posted for streaming.
- All Hampflix items are placed on 4-hour reserve in the library for that course for the semester.
- You can use the following link to request that films meeting the above criteria be placed on Hampflix: Hampflix Online Request Form
- Students can log in to Hampflix directly at tv.hampshire.edu.
- Kanopy is an online video streaming service, distributing films from BBC, PBS, Media Education Foundation, Documentary Educational Resources, and many other production houses.
You can easily add a link to a Kanopy or Hampflix video from your Moodle site. Unlike some other kinds of video, Kanopy and Hampflix videos won't automatically embed in your Moodle page just by adding the URL. If you'd like your video embedded, feel free to email us at email@example.com and we'll help you do that.
There are two steps to adding a Hampflix or Kanopy video to your page:
- Copy the video's URL address (pictured below)
- Add a link to the URL on your Moodle course.
Get the Link to a Hampflix Video
- Go to HampFlix: tv.hampshire.edu
- Log in.
- Find the video you wish to link to, and click it.
- Copy the URL for the video.
Get the link to a Kanopy Video
- On the Kanopy website, find the video you want to link to, and click it.
- Click on Share/Embed, then highlight and copy the URL below.
Now that you have the link...
Using the instructions on our Add Links page, you can add the Hampflix or Kanopy link to your Moodle course, either within any text area, or as a free-standing URL resource.