Track Assignment Completion with a Grading Scale
Setting assignments to use a grading scale lets you easily track who's submitted what, and gives you an at-a-glace report.
Set-Up: Set Your Assignment to use a Grading Scale
In the assignment settings (Edit > Edit Settings), set the Grade to Scale: Received or Not. You can also create your own grading scale if something different would be more useful to you.
Assigning and Viewing "Grades"
- When reviewing and giving feedback on the assignments (see section on giving feedback for more information), you can assign a "grade" of Received or Not Received for each.
- Find your Navigation Block and click Grades.
This brings you to a Grader Report where you'll see a matrix of assignments and students.
- You can click the grid icon next to each student for a detailed report of their "grades" and the feedback you've left them.
- Or, you can stay on this screen to assign grades to all students. Make sure to Turn Editing On so you can make changes.
Note: If you assign grades on this page, any grades that you may have already granted by viewing the individual assignment will be overridden. If this override status is in place, that cell in the table will appear orange. Assigning grades on the assignment page directly will no longer be an option, unless you manually remove that override.
- With Editing Turned On, use the drop-down menus to assign a "grade" for each student. Make sure you to click Save Changes when you're finished!