What's New in Moodle for Fall 2018
- New Look for the Participants Page: While previous versions of Moodle had two separate pages (Users and Participants), now there's just one place where you can enroll students and check on their status in Moodle. The steps are mostly the same, but enrolling students has a bit of a new look. Check out step-by-step instructions on our Enroll Students and TAs in your Course page.
- Labels on Hidden Items: Now, when you have an activity or resource hidden from students, it will have a label indicating who can see it in addition to being greyed out.
- Better Calendar Management: Do you take advantage of Moodle's calendar to visualize when assignments are due? Now the calendar supports drag-and-drop editing to change Assignment due dates and adding non-assignment events is much easier.
Moodle Tips and Reminders:
- Remember to dock your blocks! If you don't need a block, you shouldn't have to scroll past it every time you visit your course page - but it's up to you to decide what to hide. Read our info on docking to get started.
- Each July, courses older than ten semesters will be deactivated. (You can read the full course retention policy to learn more.) Remember to back up your old courses regularly by saving them as PDFs, making Moodle archive files, or downloading all your course files!
Want to learn more?