In Moodle, you can add a link anywhere you can enter text. It is also possible to add a link to your course as a URL resource that opens a new Moodle page with a description or instructions. Both methods are explained below.
Adding a Link to Text
- In the text editor, highlight the text you would like to become a link, and click the Link button
- Paste the link to the site that you'd like your students to arrive at in the Link URL box.
Note: If you clicked the link box without adding text, you can type the link text into the pop up.
- If you want to add to a link to a document, follow these steps instead:
- Click the Browse icon.
- Upload your file, or use one of the links at left to add it from your Private Files, a Course files folder, Google Drive, etc. Once you have uploaded the file, a link to it will appear in the Link URL box.
- Click Upload File
- You'll have a link to your web page or file. You'll see that your highlighted text has turned blue to indicate that it is now a link.
Creating a Link Resource
Alternatively, you can make a URL resource on your course page to contain your link and include a description or instructions.
Go to your Moodle site, and in the section where you want the link to live, click Add an Activity
Under Resources pick URL and then click Add
- Give the link a title
Add a description. If you want this description to appear on the main Moodle page, click the box below to indicate this
Scroll to the bottom and click Save and return to course. You can ignore all the other settings.
When students click on the link, they will be taken to a new page with the description and a link to the resource.