Why a Zoom/Moodle integration?
Our Zoom/Moodle integration makes it easier for your to display the meetings and recordings related to a particular course in one place that is readily available to you and your students. Any meetings you create from a Moodle course will display only in that course and not in others. You will still be able to see all your meetings and recording in one place by going to https://zoom.hampshire.edu.
For general questions about Zoom, please see our Hampshire Zoom FAQ.
Here are the steps to add a Zoom activity to your course:
- As with any other activity start by going to a course main page where you are enrolled as an instructor, then turn editing on:
- Click the link to "Add an activity or resource" in any of the course sections. Since Zoom will let you schedule recurring meetings, it is probably most convenient to add this activity to the general section at the top of the course:
- From the menu that pops up select "External tool" and then click the "Add" button at the bottom of the window.
- You should now see an activity creation form. The "Name" can be anything you like, but it is required. From the "Preconfigured tool" selection list choose "Zoom Video Conferencing". Then click "Save and return to course" at the bottom of the screen.
- Back on your course page you should now see a link to the activity you just created:
- When you click the Zoom link you will see an interface where you can schedule meetings, view past meetings, view recordings, etc.
NOTE: If you have not yet set up Hampshire Zoom account you will see a notice that refers you to your email so that you can confirm your Hampshire Zoom account. You'll need to complete that confirmation step before you can continue.
- We're not going to describe how to use Zoom here. For that you'll want to start with our Hampshire Zoom FAQ. There are, however, some interesting points to note about using the Moodle integration in particular. To kick things off, let's look at the meeting creation form which you can get to by clicking the button to "Schedule a New Meeting":
- Moodle will automatically use your course name as the topic of the meeting.
- The meeting will automatically be set up to require a password. You should leave that in place. Participants who come to the meeting through the course will have a seamless experience and will not need to enter the password manually.
- As mentioned above, all of the meeting tabs will display only meetings associated with the course.
- Note that students will not need to create Hampshire accounts in order to participate in the meetings.
Remember, for any other details about using Zoom generally, please refer to our Hampshire Zoom FAQ.