Thursday, 2 September: Day One
Tuesday, 7 September: Diagnostics I
Thursday, 9 September: Special Guest (and brains reading)
Tuesday, 14 September: Crazy Like US?
Thurs., Sept. 16 NO CLASS, Yom Kippur
Tues., Sept. 21: Century of the Self
So sorry! Thought I had posted these earlier.
Please watch the first three sections of Century of the Self if you can! It's going to be three hours, but I think you will find it awesome.
- This class
Thurs., Sept. 23 NO CLASS (advising day)
- This class
Tues., Sept. 28: Violence and Carceral Logics
Thurs., Sept. 30: Violence and Carceral Logics II
Tues., Oct. 5: Diagnostics II
Tues., Oct. 7: continued...
Tues., Oct. 12 NO CLASS, Oct. break
Trying to come up with a topic you want to explore in a final project? Maybe these will help pique your interest.
- Csordas, Thomas and Janis Jenkins. 2018. “Living with a Thousand Cuts: Self-Cutting, Agency, and Mental Illness among Adolescents.” Ethos 46(2): 206-229.
- Kitanaka, Junko. 2012. “The Gendering of Depression and the Selective Recognition of Pain.” In Depression in Japan: Psychiatric Cures for a Society in Distress. 129-150. Princeton: Princeton University Press
- Nirmala Erevelles, Disability and Difference in Global Contexts
- Jina Kim, “Disability in an Age of Fascism”, American Auarterly https://muse-jhu-edu.ezproxy.amherst.edu/article/752339
- Nicholas Long, 2018. “Suggestions of Power: Searching for Efficacy in Indonesia’s Hypnosis Boom.” Ethos 46.
- Andrew Wooyoung Kim, “How Should We Study Intergenerational Trauma?”:
- Psychiatry Beyond Fanon: https://africasacountry.com/series/psychiatry-beyond-fanon
Thurs., Oct. 14: Pharma
Tues., Oct. 19: Sylvia Wynter
Thurs., Oct. 21: Sylvia Wynter and Decolonizing Psychiatry
Tues., Oct. 26: Language - Lacan and Fanon
Thurs., Oct. 28: Psycho-Racio-Linguistics? Rosa
Tuesday, 2 November (09:00AM - 10:20AM)
Thursday, 4 November (09:00AM - 10:20AM)
Tuesday, 9 November (09:00AM - 10:20AM)
Thursday, 11 November (09:00AM - 10:20AM)
Tuesday, 16 November (09:00AM - 10:20AM)
Thursday, 18 November (09:00AM - 10:20AM)
Tuesday, 23 November (09:00AM - 10:20AM)
Thursday, 25 November (09:00AM - 10:20AM)
Tuesday, 30 November (09:00AM - 10:20AM)
Thursday, 2 December (09:00AM - 10:20AM)
Tuesday, 7 December (09:00AM - 10:20AM)
Thursday, 9 December (09:00AM - 10:20AM)