adding TA as cohost on Zoom

adding TA as cohost on Zoom

by Michele Hardesty -
Number of replies: 3

Hello all,

I tried to add my TA as cohost on Zoom, and was rebuffed! Are students part of the "organization," or do our TAs need to be added to a list of some kind so we can make them cohosts? I want my TA to monitor the waiting room, and she needs to be cohost for that, no?

Thank you, Zoom gurus!

Michele

In reply to Michele Hardesty

Re: adding TA as cohost on Zoom

by Laura Wenk -
Have you checked your global settings (outside of the meeting settings). There is one called "co-host" that says: "Allow the host to add co-hosts. Co-hosts have the same in-meeting controls as the host." Has to be turned on.
--L
In reply to Michele Hardesty

by CJ Gill -
I was successful adding a TA as co-host for one class, but was rebuffed for the other. My global setting definitely say 'allow co-host'. My guess is that the rebuff has something to do with whether the TA has logged into Zoom through Hampshire yet. It might resolve itself after the first class. If not, I'll see if I can find out what's different between my TAs, since the class set-ups are identical.
In reply to CJ Gill

by Michele Hardesty -

Believe me, Laura - I always check the settings. I have been adding co-hosts like a pro since spring.

And Cindy - that is helpful. I have zoomed with my TA. I wonder if the issue is that she signs in with google and not with the SSO. I will ask her to do that and see what happens.

Thanks,

Michele