Text & Media
Organizing Your Files & Information
Course Settings & Formatting
Using Moodle to Keep Track of Assignment Completion
Setting assignments to use a grading scale lets you easily track who's submitted what, and gives you an at-a-glace report. Note that you can set Forums up in a similar way if you want to track who's posted or not.
The first step is to set your assignments to use a grading scale.
1. In the assignment's settings (which you see when you're creating it, or click the "update" icon to get back into them), set the Grade to "Scale: Received or Not".
2. When reviewing and giving feedback on the assignments (see previous section for more info on this), you assign a "grade" to each student.
- You can also create your own grading scale if something different would be more useful to you.
3. Find your Settings Block and click Grades.
This brings you to a Grader Report where you'll see a matrix of assignments and students.
You can click the little box next to each student for a detailed report of their "grades" and the feedback you've left them.
Or, you can stay on this screen to assign grades.
- Click "Turn editing on"
- Use drop-down menus to assign "grades"
- Click "Update"