Import Resources and Activities from a Previous Course
The steps below will walk you through bringing the resources and activities from an old course of yours into a new one, making a carbon copy. If you want, you can also pick and choose which resources are copied over, letting you decide if you want each activity or file in the new course.
After importing, you may need to move items around and adjust for the different holiday schedules in the new semester. If you are using the class by date or weekly format, the section dates in the new course will already be correct for the new semester.
How to import activities or resources
- Start on the empty course that you would like to fill with resources and activities.
- In the Administration Block under Course Administration, click on the Import link:
- On the next screen, search for the course you wish to import from. You will see your recent courses listed. If the correct course isn't on the list, you can search for the course number, or for keywords in the course title.
- Once you find the course you wish to import from, select it from the list using the button on the left, and click Continue. If a course is listed several times because you taught it in multiple semesters, you can choose the correct one based on the date in the course short name (2016F for Fall 2016, 2017S for Spring 2017, etc.).
- You will be presented with the backup settings page. No need to make any changes here!
- If you just want to import everything, click Jump to final step to start importing immediately. If you want to bring over just a few files, click Next. On the following screen, use the checkboxes to select or un-select the resources until the list matches what you do want to import.
- Keep clicking Next.
- Click Perform Import.
- You should see the "Import complete. Click continue to return to the course" message. You're finished!