Download All Course Files
Want to save all the readings, documents, and photos you have uploaded to a course in one place? You have two options to do just that.
- Download Instructor Files gives you one-click access to download all the files added to the course by instructors and TAs.
- Legacy Course Files can be found in some older Moodle courses. The "legacy" files saved in this area are the ones uploaded to Moodle before we upgraded away from version 1.9. (We're on version 3.2 right now, so it's been a while since then!)
Some courses have both legacy files and modern files stored in them. If you see both of the above options listed in your Administration menu, we recommend that you download using both sets of instructions to be sure you save everything from your course.
Option 1: Download Instructor Files
- Click the Download Instructor Files link in your Administration block.
- Moodle will download a zip file containing all of the files you have uploaded to this Moodle course. (Be patient, this may take a few moments.)
- When the download is finished, it will display a popup like this one prompting you to save or open the file. Choose Save file and click OK.
- The zip file will now be located in your Downloads folder on your computer. Click to open it. You will find a folder within the zip file that contains everything you have uploaded to your Moodle course. You should rename the folder to something you can remember easily (like the title of the course) and save it somewhere you will be able to locate it later - either on your computer or on Google Drive.
Option 2: Downloading Legacy Course Files
- Click the Legacy Course Files link in your Administration block. (Only some older courses will have this link)
- You'll see a display of all the files in this category. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Edit Legacy Course Files.
- On the next page, find and click the Download All icon (at the top left of the frame, after the add and Create Folder icons)
- Moodle will download a zip file containing your legacy course files. Use the same steps as above to save the zip file to your computer.