Restoring Your Course from a Backup
If you've taken the time to save a backup of your course, you can pull the saved text, resources and activities back into Moodle by restoring it.
- Navigate to the course you would like to restore into.
- In your Administration block, choose the Restore link.
- Next you will see the Restore Course page. If you are restoring from a backup file you have saved on your computer you will want to use the first section, called Import a backup file.
- You can drag-and-drop the backup .mbz file from your computer into the box, or use the Choose a file... button to browse for the file on your computer.
- Choose Restore directly beneath the file import box.
- On the next page, click Continue.
- On the Destination page, you will see three sections: Restore as a new course, Restore into this course, Restore into an existing course. You should choose Restore into this course.
- Make sure that the first of the radio buttons, Merge the backup course into this course is checked.
- Click Continue.
- On the settings and schema pages, uncheck any items that you do not wish to restore, then click Next.
- Review your settings and then choose Perform restore.
- You should see a message saying that "The course was restored successfully". Click Continue to go to the course.
Last modified: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 11:25 AM