Tracking Assignment Completion with Moodle
Setting assignments to use a grading scale lets you easily track who's submitted what, and gives you an at-a-glace report.
Set-Up: Set Your Assignment to use a Grading Scale
In the assignment's settings (either as you're creating it, or by clicking on Edit > Edit Settings), set the Grade to Scale: Received or Not.
Assigning and Viewing "Grades"
- When reviewing and giving feedback on the assignments (see section on giving feedback for more information), you assign a "grade" to each student.
You can also create your own grading scale if something different would be more useful to you.
- Find your Navigation Block and click Grades.
This brings you to a Grader Report where you'll see a matrix of assignments and students.
- You can click the grid icon next to each student for a detailed report of their "grades" and the feedback you've left them.
- Or, you can stay on this screen to assign grades to all students. Make sure to Turn Editing On so you can make changes.
- With Editing Turned On, use the drop-down menus to assign a "grade" for each student. Make sure you to click Save Changes when you're finished!