Add Videos from Kanopy
Kanopy is an online video streaming service, distributing films from BBC, PBS, Media Education Foundation, Documentary Educational Resources, and many other production houses.
You can easily add a link to a Kanopy video from your Moodle site. Unlike some other kinds of video, Kanopy videos won't automatically embed in your Moodle page just by adding the URL. If you'd like your video embedded, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help you do that.
1. On the Kanopy website, find the video you wish to link to, and click it.
2. Click on Share/Embed, then highlight and copy the URL below.
3. Go to your Moodle site, and in the section where you want the link to live, click Add an Activity
4. Under Resources pick URL and then click Add
5. Give the link a title (probably the name of the film)
6. Add a description. If you want this description to appear on the main Moodle page, click the box below to indicate this.
7. Paste the URL from Kanopy into the External URL box
8. Scroll to the bottom and click Save and return to course. You can ignore all the other settings.
9. When students click the link on the Moodle site, they will be sent straight to the resource.