Adding Videos from HampFlix
HampFlix is Hampshire's streaming video service.
If you have videos on the HampFlix system, here's how to link to them from your Moodle site. This can be done in a couple different ways.
The Easy Method
Link to a Specific Video
The second method is to add a link to an individual video. Let's look at how to do that.
1. Go to HampFlix: https://tv.hampshire.edu/
2. Log in.
3. Find the video you wish to link to, and click it.
4.Copy the URL for the video.
5. Go to your Moodle site, and in the section where you want the link to live, click Add an Activity
6. Under Resources pick URL and the click Add
7. Give the link a title (probably the name of the film)
8. Add a description, which can also advise students that they will need to log into tv.hampshire.edu. If you want this description to appear on the main Moodle page, click the box below to indicate this.
9. Paste the URL into the External URL box
10. Scroll to the bottom and click Save and return to course. You can ignore all the other settings.
Alternative: Add a Link to Any Text Area
You can also add a link wherever you enter text, for example in a topic summary.
1. Click on the Edit Menu in the section of your choice and choose Edit Settings to access the topic summary text box.
2. Highlight the words you want to turn into a link and click the Link button.
3. Paste the URL in the Link URL box and click Insert
4. You'll see the words turn blue. Click Save Changes...
5. The students will now have a link to the film from the main Moodle page