Adding Videos from YouTube or Your Computer
Wherever you can enter text (such as in a Label or by editing a section's Summary), you can also add video.
Adding video or audio using the instructions below will embed the media, so it will be visible and playable directly in Moodle.
Adding YouTube Videos - In Just One Step!
If you want to add a video from YouTube, simply copy the URL from the address bar at the top of your browser and paste it into Moodle anywhere you can edit text. You don't need to do anything else: Moodle will recognize that you have pasted in a YouTube link and automatically embed the video for you! When you save your text and view the page, the video player will be there in the text box.
Uploading Video & Audio From Your Computer
If you're uploading files that you have saved on your computer, follow the steps below.
1. Click the Moodle Media button (looks like a little filmstrip).
2. Click Find or Upload...
3. Choose the file to upload from your computer.
- Remember that there's a 500MB per file upload limit.
4. Click Insert.
5. You will see a blue link for your video in the Text Editor.
Don't worry, we'll see the video on the next screen.
6. Click "Save changes".
7. You'll see your embedded video (or audio) wherever you placed it in!
- You may have to reload the page (refresh your browser) to see the video.