Importing Resources and Activities from Another Course
Importing material from one moodle course to another brings in all the resources and activities from the old course to the new one, basically making a carbon copy into the new course. You will likely then need to move items around as needed and adjust for differing holiday schedules, etc. If you are using the class by date or weekly format, the dates in the new course will remain correct for the current semester.
How to import activities or resources
- In the Administration Block under Course Administration, click on the Import link:
- On the next screen, search for and select the course you wish to import from and click Continue.
- You will be presented with the backup settings page. We suggest un-checking everything BUT "Include activities and resources" and, if you use quizzes, "Include question bank".
- If you just want to import everything, click Jump to final step to start importing immediately. Otherwise, click Next and on the next screen you can un-select specific resources if you like.
- Keep clicking Next and then Perform Import.
- You should see the Import complete. Click continue to return to the course. message.