Import Resources and Activities from Another Course
Importing material from one moodle course to another brings in all the resources and activities from the old course to the new one, basically making a carbon copy into the new course. You will likely then need to move items around as needed and adjust for differing holiday schedules, etc. If you are using the class by date or weekly format, the dates in the new course will remain correct for the current semester.
How to import activities or resources
- Start on the empty course that you would like to fill with resources and activities.
- In the Administration Block under Course Administration, click on the Import link:
- On the next screen, search for the course you wish to import from. You can search for keywords in the course title or for the course number.
- If a course was taught several times, you can choose the correct one based on the date at the end of the Course short name (2016F for Fall 2016, 2017S for Spring 2017, etc.). Once you see the course, select it in the list, and click Continue.
- You will be presented with the backup settings page. We suggest un-checking everything BUT "Include activities and resources" and, if you use quizzes, "Include question bank".
- If you just want to import everything, click Jump to final step to start importing immediately. Otherwise, click Next and on the next screen you can un-select specific resources if you like.
- Keep clicking Next and then Perform Import.
- You should see the Import complete. Click continue to return to the course. message.